Crowdfunding plugin for Elgg based sites now available!

Hello Elgg community!

Long time haven't done anything worth for you guys here but...hopefully today I'll recover some good credits :)

I'm very happy to announce that, thanks to an italian funding partner, Co-energia, working on solidarity economy projects and recognizing ours as trustworthy other than in line with solidarity economy movement's ethical principles, crowdfunding plugin is now avaiable open source!

Possible use cases:

1. Here on community hope you managers will add it to crowd fund great plugin/theme ideas for all Elgg users :)
  2. Start your own Elgg-based crowdfunding site
  3. If point 1 not true -> Add your great idea as improvement for our own community, socialbusinessworld.org, trying to engage actual end users. 

Want to see it on duty? Here

Yeah yeah ok here's the link to download and test it :P

And here many related payment plugins for you to choose from!

Here the sharing tool

Here the mapping one 

What do you think?

I hope this will help Elgg further show how flexible and great is.

This was a very big effort for us, both financially and for working hours so, If you can, please:

• show your appreciation by donating something  via Paypal here or via Bank Transfer whose details are in our site's footer;
  • contribute with you developer skills to keep it alive, safe, updated and free!

Happy Elgging!

Michele

• Here is the error from the log with the domain changed to mydomain:
    2017/06/28 22:31:26 [error] 3545#3545: *1132 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Class 'SebastianBergmann\Money\Currency' not found in /home/admin/web/mydomain.com/public_html/mod/payments/lib/functions.php on line 15" while reading response header from upstream, client: 70.27.20.212, server: mydomain.com, request: "GET /campaigns/add/36 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9001", host: "mydomain.com", referrer: "https://mydomain.com/campaigns"

• Does anyone else have issue with saving a campaign? I am not using composer install yet. I have every required plugin installed and using elgg 2.3.3. When i search my browser console, i found this error:

Error: Script error for "moment", needed by: campaigns/edit/about
    http://requirejs.org/docs/errors.html#scripterror

I commented out this line in campaigns/edit/about:

//var moment = require('moment');

Then everything works fine. If anyone has encountered this issue, i will like to know if this is the right fix for the issue. Please help @Ismayil Khayredinov

• I tried to make a campaign and it won't let me use the tabs to other parts of the campaign. I commented out that line Dave mentioned but still no go. Is there anything I could be missing. without commenting this is what the console shows:

analytics.js Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
    elgg.js:65 Deprecated in Elgg undefined: lightbox.js library has been deprecated. Avoid using elgg_load_js("lightbox.js"), use elgg/lightbox AMD module instead
    ga.js Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
    jquery.tokeninput.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 ()
    require.js:14 Uncaught Error: Script error for "jquery.tokeninput", needed by: tokeninput/lib
        at makeError (require.js:17)
        at HTMLScriptElement.onScriptError (require.js:117)
    moment.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 ()
    require.js:14 Uncaught Error: Script error for "moment", needed by: campaigns/edit/about
        at makeError (require.js:17)
        at HTMLScriptElement.onScriptError (require.js:117)
    36#:1 An invalid form control with name='relief_delivery' is not focusable.

• I had to flush my cache at cloudfare to get the campaign plug working but it appears Dave's fix works...

• Commenting things out is never a right fix for anything

• Hey Guys.

Completely new to elgg.. In fact, haven't  yet downloaded to fire it up! I saw the crowdfunding plugin while searching via "google". Wanted to have a running conversation with someone who's familiar with the plugin, as well as the dev process for elgg.

I took a quick look at the "demo" that Michele had posted. Looks great!

I'm wondering, is there perhaps a way to allow a user see/interact with a "campaign", signup/join, and then be able to access the "userProfile" portion of the elgg app?

At the same time, how easy/difficult would it be to "expose" the user to some of the other elgg functionality? I'm looking to be able to allow user who's signed in, to be able to search through th user profiles as well.

Oh, and for anyone who's implemented the crowdfunding plugin, does it integrate with any 3rd party email processors?

thanks

-bruce

• Crowdfunding functionality is bundled into Elgg plugins, so it extends core functionality, including all the user features/interactions. As you can see on Michele's website all of the tools run together and can talk to each other.

There are several plugin for outbound/inbound email handling.

I would suggest to familiarize yourself with Elgg a bit. You would have found answers to your questions if you just installed it.

• Replied via PM, please don't duplicate posts...

Here's my reply in case anyone else is interested:

Hi Bruce,

I'm not the dev but will try to reply:

1) not possible at the moment, /campaigns brings to 3-columns layout "Active" campaigns page;

2) if user signs up (this is also possible in the donation's checkout process) he will access all other Elgg's installed non-public features. Also, if you click the main menu icon in upper left corner of our site all public features are already viewable;

3) no integration with email providers at the moment but you could fund this feature, ask @ihyredinov for a quote.

Cheers

Michele

• Have to say a big thanx to Ismayil for this and the payment plugins (as well as the constant updates on other plugins at hypejunction). They give Elgg the distinct advantage of being able to run campaigns for worthy causes which makes an already great script even better if that is possible. The other plugin developers are not to be forgotten either.