Its good looking, nice design.
1. My suggestion is we can have some screen shots in features page is very useful for newcomers.
2. Its good if we have same header for documentation
3. In about page - We can show few stories, where started , why we doing this,
4. Landing page - few statistics like 2000 sites, 5000 plugins etc..
Thanks for suggestions.
1. I feel that it would duplicate the Showcase, but I imagine we could add a slider that pulls some info from the showcase/plugin repo
2. I would love that, but I am not really sure how to make it work. Our docs are built with RST, and I am not sure how much control we have over the layout there.
3. I will reach out to Ben to write up a few paragraphs (he is good at writing :)
4. We don't really have any reliable statistics on the number of sites using Elgg nor plugins hosted outside of the community.
Another issue of elgg.org, which existed before the redesign, is that there are plenty of links to https://community.elgg.org/, which doesn't not respond any more. These links are around the Internet or even inside the this site (e.g. https://elgg.org/about/supporters)
So a permanent redirect to web server settings from community.elgg.org to elgg.org should help a lot.
Security issues should be reported to email@example.com!