Best plugin to prevent SPAM user

I have used recaptcha , and it works to prevent SPAM user for long time , but yesterday i see there are so many new SPAM account. Somehow , spammer can bypass my Google recaptcha .

please give me a advise what best plugin to prevent this

• As Michele mentioned, Spam Login Filter is very effective for stopping logins and registrations from dubious IP addresses, domains etc. Another good thing is: it does not entirely rely on external parties (in this case; Stopforumspam): You can also specify your own list of banned (or whitelisted) IP addresses or domain names. The only issue is, some of my friends use "tor" and they complain now and then that they cannot login. So if you have a lot of tor users, this might not be the plugin for you.

I am also using http:blacklist . I have not checked how it fares. But I feel very comfortable with everything iionly does... This plugin is also likely to have issues with tor users.

I also have another of Matt Beckett's spam plugin: Spam Throttle. It is great against those spammers who somehow manage to register and login. It sets a quota for the maximum damage they can make (I wish I had such a plugin for my wikimedia-based site - before they created those 32.328 fake pages). It is my experience that most spammers do not start spamming right after registration. They wait for some days, weeks and meanwhile create some additional accounts. Then one of those "sleeper cells" starts hitting big with the spam. This plugin prevents that.

Elgg Hammer by Tom was great idea but it is not maintained anymore (not for Elgg 2.x anyway) unfortunately... Neither is Spam Checker by Gerard...