a plugin to embed tidypics images into blogs etc?

i thought there must be at least one plugin to allow embedding images from tidypics into blogs and other rich text boxes - but it looks like there aren't any. i have disabled the files plugin on my site, except for admins, to prevent copyright and warez issues being an issue and as a result the users can only upload images to tidypics. the problem with that is that the embed plugin (and embed_extender) do not support embedding tidypics images...

is there a plugin i've missed?

• I don't think there's such a plugin (I don't know of any...).

The old versions of the iZAP Videos plugin extended the embed dialog to allow for embedding videos (of iZAP Videos) in postings. Unfortunately, the embed plugin was updated (I think with Elgg 1.8) and the extending of the embed dialog didn't work anymore as done before. I always wanted to bring this functionality back in iZAP Videos and I also had the idea of adding the same kind of functionality also to Tidypics to allow for embedding images. It's just as it always is... lack of time...

• the coldtrick plugin 'embed extended' does most of the work of bringing in elgg objects via the embed panel, so i think it will just be a case of adding some code to that plugin. i have created a ticket for it and may look at it myself shortly: https://github.com/ColdTrick/embed_extended/issues/4

• aha! the coldtrick guys already coded a way of extending their plugin to be used for any entity type and to render the data however you want. i just created a basic view for tidypics and it worked! so i can now basically embed tidypics images using their plugin. the only issue is that for some reason i am not seeing the image in the tinyMCE editor.. however, it does appear when i save the comment. if i can get this properly working, then i may extend videolist too.

• as i recall, all you need to do to get tidypics working with embed_extended is to add this file at views/default/embed_extended/item/object/image.php in the tidypics code:

<?php
    /**
     * Embeddable content list item view for tidypics image
     * @uses $vars["entity"] ElggEntity object
     */

$entity = $vars["entity"];

$title = $entity->title;

// don't let it be too long
    $title = elgg_get_excerpt($title);

$subtitle = "";
    $owner = $entity->getOwnerEntity();
    if ($owner) {
        $author_text = elgg_echo("byline", array($owner->name));
        $date = elgg_view_friendly_time($entity->time_created);

$group_text = "";
        $container = $entity->getContainerEntity();
        if (elgg_instanceof($container, "group")) {
            $group_text = elgg_echo("river:ingroup", array($container->name));
        }
        $subtitle = "$author_text $group_text $date";
    }

$title .= elgg_view_entity_icon($entity, "large", array("img_class" => "embed-insert", "link_class" => "hidden"));

$type_subtype_text = "<span class='elgg-quiet'>" . elgg_echo("item:object:image") . "</span>";

$params = array(
        "title" => $title,
        "entity" => $entity,
        "subtitle" => $subtitle,
        "tags" => FALSE,
    );
    $body = elgg_view("object/elements/summary", $params);

$image = elgg_view_entity_icon($entity, "small");
    echo elgg_view_image_block($image, $body, array("image_alt" => $type_subtype_text));

• I am using Imgur (https://elgg.org/plugins/2033439)

This work perfectly on blog. Click on upload image and upload your image on imgur server. It will automatically add the picture in the body of your blog. And the best part is, it save your precious bandwidth and disk space.

The same plugin also works with Comments