Widget does not work - Do not add Elgg 1.9.1

Hello Family Elgg.

In version 1.9.1 the Widget are not added in the admin panel (Dashboard) and user panel.(dashboard) .

I click to add resources but does not add..

Already updated to version 1.9.0 to 1.9.1 but solves nothing.

Please, Any idea ?

• Maybe you are using a 3rd party plugin that isn't fully compatible with Elgg 1.9. In this case it would be most likely an issue with the Javascript code of this plugin. You could test if a plugin is causing the issue by disabling 3rd party plugins temporarily to see if adding widgets works then.

Also, Elgg 1.9.1 isn't really new. Even on Elgg 1.9 the latest release is 1.9.7. I don't know if there were any bugs in connection with widgets in Elgg 1.9.0/1 that have been fixed later but it wouldn't hurt to upgrade to Elgg 1.9.7 at least (can be done directly 1.9.1 -> 1.9.7). in the long run updating 1.9 -> 1.10 -> 1.11 -> 1.12 would be a good thing to benefit from bugfixes and other improvements. If plugins a fully compatible with Elgg 1.9 they should also work without issues up to Elgg 1.12 (there are only some rare cases where plugins might need some code update to work on Elgg 1.10-1.12).

• Hi, iionly 

Thanks for your help :)

Can I directly upgrade my current version 1.9.1 to 1.9.7?

Thanks back !

• Yes. Direct upgrade to later bugfix releases works, e.g. 1.9.1 -> 1.9.7. Only when upgrading to a newer minor release you have to do the upgrade to the next following minor upgrade at a time, e.g. 1.9 -> 1.10, then 1.10 -> 1.11 etc. But even when updating to the following minor release you can directly upgrade to the latest available corresponding bugfix release, e.g. 1.9.1 -> 1.10.6 or if you want to stay on Elgg 1.9 presently 1.9.7 -> 1.10.6 at a later time.

• Hi Again,

Thanks very very Much :)

I Will migrate now .

Regards !