What is the best Newsfeed/ activity/ river plugin here?

Dear Elggers

I know here on Elgg, Newsfeed or Activity calls river. I just need to know what is the best plugin here to use on the latest Elgg 2.0 version?

I want acually my main home page to be like facebook or twitter etc. I want my users to post direct from the activity instead of going to wire and post there and see in the activity.

The wire system is confusing me, why users can't just post and view on the same page, please help me or guide me. Maybe I just don't get the main point here.

I just want the Newsfeed system same as other social networking sites, would be great if posts auto-load upon scrolling down the web page.

Look forward to hear from you experts.

Thanks,

Cheers

• Plugins for 1.9 should work in 2.0. I'm using a plugin from 1.8 on my 2.0 site.

• @manacim thanks a lot for the reply, please could you suggest also which plugin is good to use as Newsfeed? I want like Timeline thing on my main page

• I am working on a plugin that might work like the current Facebook Newsfeed. Hope to share it with the community soon.

Reply sent via a cellphone.

• @kisssssss4ever I don't know any at the moment, Tom could be inventing it right now for Elgg but it requires a lot of logic. Like for example Top Stories are featured on the top of the feed only if mutual friends commented or liked on a wire post.

Just be sure your server could handle all that relationship and database queues.