Plugin broke with Elgg 1.6?

Upon updating to Elgg version 1.6 today, all values for drop-downs were removed from our form. Furthermore, we are unable to save values through the web interface.

Help!?

• Elgg 1.6 was just released today. I'll definitely be testing my plugins with it, but but any updates will take a while.

• In the log -  WARNING: Action form/manage_field was called without an action token. It is stongly recommended that you consider doing this. Plugin authors should use 'input/form' or pass is_action=true to 'output/confirmlink' or 'output/url'.

• This is just a warning and should not affect functionality. Eventually Curverider will be pushing and perhaps even requiring all plugin developers to add action tokens to all POSTS and many GETs, but not yet.

• @smeranda: I created a dropdown with 8 values on my Elgg 1.5 site. I then upgraded to Elgg 1.6.

All the dropdown values were still there and I could easily change them. Moreover, Elgg 1.6 finally fixes the frustrating metadata case bug, so I could set a consistent case for my dropdown labels by editing the field definition.

In short, I can't reproduce your problem. Not yet anyway.

If you edit the form, are the field options still there?

• Hi

I´ve created a new form in a new instalation of 1.6. and I having some problems.

1- I can´t get the content display page. I get a blank page : Ive tried also writting some html but also didn´t worked.

2- I am not getting the commenting an recommendig fields in the forms. although I´ve checked

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this? Where can I have a look for finding the problem?
    Thanks

jbroide

• @Jose - if you are getting a blank page, you should have a relevant error message in your PHP error log. Can you look and tell me what it says?

• Hi Kevin

Thanks for your plugins ,.

I am not getting any error message in my php log.

The page where i am getting the blank page is:
    my_forms.php?form_view=all&id=68

with no html created by me.

jbroide

• Hi its me again

In the apache error log i got this

[Wed Sep 02 11:10:57 2009] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Parse error:  parse error, unexpected $end in C:\\Archivos de programa\\EasyPHP 2.0b1\\www\\elgg1.6\\mod\\form\\views\\default\\form\\nav.php on line 26, referer: http://localhost/elgg1.6/pg/dashboard/
    [Wed Sep 02 11:42:43 2009] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Parse error:  parse error, unexpected $end in C:\\Archivos de programa\\EasyPHP 2.0b1\\www\\elgg1.6\\mod\\form\\views\\default\\form\\nav.php on line 26, referer: http://localhost/elgg1.6/mod/form/manage_form.php?id=68

• If you are not getting an error message in your PHP log, but are seeing a completely blank page, then the problem is likely to be something unrelated to my plugin - eg., you are running out of server memory.

• Hi

And looking in the apache log there where also this errors related with form

[Tue Sep 01 23:26:50 2009] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] WARNING: Action form/manage_form was called without an action token. It is stongly recommended that you consider doing this. Plugin authors should use 'input/form' or pass is_action=true to 'output/confirmlink' or 'output/url'., referer: http://localhost/elgg1.6/action/form/manage_form

Form and related plugins

Form and related plugins

User-generated content, flexible user and group profiles, registration forms, custom file forms