composer install gives error

I am not much familier with composer install, some how I am trying to make it work.

Many a time I get this error. but dont know what to do   ( the current error is with Elgg-2.0.0-rc.1)

Did you forget to run `composer global require fxp/composer-asset-plugin`?

Script php .scripts/check_global_requirements.php handling the pre-install-cmd event returned with an error

[RuntimeException]                                                                                                                        
  Error Output: Changed current directory to /var/www/vhosts/vps.ensociale.com/enraiser.com                                                 
  A script named lint would override a native Composer function and has been skipped                                                        
  A script named test would override a native Composer function and has been skipped                                                        
  A script named travis:install would override a native Composer function and has been skipped                                              
  A script named travis:install-with-mysql would override a native Composer function and has been skipped                                   

[InvalidArgumentException]                                                                                                              
    Package fxp/composer-asset-plugin not found