Hi, i had an issue and i was wondering how can

i center the about me on a elgg profile,

for example i want it to be like this image below

and the about me on my site looks like this>>

anyone knows how can i fixx this?  well, please help me(:

thanks for you alls time

Sincerely

artdesigns

• Have you made any mods to the profile plugin?.  If not remove it and put a fresh copy in.

• well, yes i have made a few chages to the profile plugin and

at the time i dont want to mess around with my modifications?

is there a way without doing this?

• i still havent fixeed this issue!

• With due respect to everyone who assisted in this post.. I still can't believe the issue is still not fixed..

@Jayadeep.. That can work, but if you apply the center alignment to that #profile_info_column_right, then it will also center the description text because the text also is wrapped inside that div. We only want to center the title 'About me'.

@Dhrup.. right place.. the code is not quiet correct tho.. the code should read: <p class"profile_aboutme_title" style="text-align:center";>.. Notice, there is not '=' (equal sign) poiting to the style property, it's only ':'. But in any case, we still need more styling attributes because if the <p> tag is set to width: auto, then text align inside it wont make a difference because the parent div will throw everything inside to the left anyways.

@artdesign..

Dude.. this is your fix:

mod/profile/views/default/profile/userdetails.php

Line 138 (which is the location Dhrup found)..

Change: <p class="profile_aboutme_title">

to: <p align="center" class="profile_aboutme_title" style="text-align:center";>

Explanation:

style="text-align:center;" will align text inside an element..

align="center" will align the element itself.. 

Therefore, you covered both cases, if the <p> is as long as the parent div, then it will remain with that width but the text inside it will be centered, but if the <p> is only a small one to fit the title, then you move the entire <p> into the center of the parent div.

And because this is added inside the element tag <p.....> it will override the css.

Hope this helps.

-Carlos

• And by the way.. if you want to space out the title from the description.. (add some space between the 'About me' and the actual description text.. then do this as well:

Line 149: <?php echo autop(filter_tags($vars['entity']->description)); ?>

change to: <p><?php echo autop(filter_tags($vars['entity']->description)); ?></p>

This will seperate both the title and text in paragraph spacing style.

-Carlos

• @carlos i think artdesigns is not trying to center the description text, he wants the full "about be" container to look like as in the default elgg installation.

• @jayadeep.. Thanks.. this is different.

Well damn... why not just re-upload a fresh userdetails.php...?????????

@artdesign.. dude.. if you think you screwed up the layout of that page by fiddling with the code, then just upload a fresh virgin copy of the file and start again.

Surely, it can't get any easier.

-Carlos

• And by looking at it, it looks like artdesign either removed the </div> that closes the top area or forgot to close the menu items area and that's why the about me area inherited the width of the menu... the fix could be as simple as adding '</div>' to close the menu items div.

• @Carlos  Sorry but we have tried telling all this.  I can not understand, why advice is not used, simple straight forward fix maybe would take 5 minutes and most of that time would be opening the editor to do it.  At Least on old black it would....lololol   :-)