Default content visibility for new items (default to group on creation)

Currently, when you're within a group and you create a post, file, discussion, etc.. the visibility defaults to 'private' -- is there anyway to make this default to the actual group?  I am using elgg 1.8

Cheers,

DP

• I think the default access level pre-selected on new content is not necessarily "private" but whatever you selected as default access level in the advanced site settings. There is very likely no difference between group and non-group content regarding what you have set as default access level and what is pre-selected on new content.

Pre-selecting the specific group as access level is possible somehow for sure. But I'm afraid it would require some customization for sure - and I can't tell right now what exactly.

On Elgg 1.9 the behaviour will be partly different:

• for open, unrestricted groups the pre-selected access level will still be the same (i.e. site-default access level),
    • but if you make a group a restricted group (= non-members should not see the content) the only available access levels for group content will be "group" and "private". "Group" is the pre-selected access level in this case.

It's still not a perfect solution in any case (e.g. existing content in restricted group will keep their old access level) but it's at least a progress compared to Elgg 1.8.