Hosting for elgg?

Hi,

Long time since I've been around! Anyway, I would like some suggestions to website hosting for my elgg site. Please suggest something cheap since I cant afford very expensive dedicated services. I recently had my site on some host that mysteriously vanished without warning ant took my elgg site with it! Good thing my site had limited users at the time.

I would like to know what are the best requirements for running elgg in terms of HDD space and bandwidth (I know this depends on the type of site, but what is working for you? ). There are some that say they have unlimited features but I don't believe this is possible.

I am currently looking at a service with 120GB space and 1200 monthly transfer is this enough for a non myspace or facebook like site (in the sence of traffic)? It is 1and1 hosting, does this host wirk with elgg?

Sorry for the long post, any help is greatly appreciated!

• @Jazvel

I disagree strongly also @Carlos is of much help with his time and support.  Some (many) issues go through the message system privatly after a post.  I do also know after plugin rewrites he has spend hours on.  How can you give or (take) credit away from what you do not know about?  @Dhrup is right ask others before assuming.

Maybe using search is something more members should look into before posting.  This woulod cut down on cluttering a topic with multiple requests.

HDD space=unlimited

Bandwidth=unlimited

• ok jazvel !! say "sorry" ;-) lolz