Plugin page without "Elgg frame" ?

Hello,

I wrote a plugin with an iframe on one page.

Is it possible to display another simple php page (which should be also a part of the same plugin) within this iframe, without the "Elgg frame" around it ( = just the content of the second page)?

How can I achieve that this page will not be treated like a "normal" Elgg page.

In which folder (views? pages?) do I have to put this php file and in which way I have to register the file in start.php?

Thanks in advance.

Rob

• If I understand correctly, you want to display an Elgg view (page without the layout) within an Elgg page (page with layout)?
    Wouldn't it be better to just use: "echo elgg_view('hello/world');" instead of an iFrame?

• I use the iframe for downloading a PDF file. And the download is triggered within a php page (using CURL, then change header to: header("Content-type: application/pdf")) and Output the result. It's working, if the second page is hosted in another directory, but if I put the file somewhere in the plugins directory, it fails.

• So you just want to serve a pdf?  You definitely don't need an iframe for that.

Create a pagehandler for it, set your headers and read the file from the location on the file system.

• Look at the file plugin for an example of how to do that.

• The problem is that the file is generated upon request, it's not available through the file system. And the generation takes several seconds to complete (the file is provided by a REST webservice). So I first load a normal page with a "busy indicator" and an hidden iframe, targeting the download URL. My goal is to integrate the iframe URL in the plugin.

Beginning Developers

Beginning Developers

This space is for newcomers, who wish to build a new plugin or to customize an existing one to their liking