Is this possible with Elgg?

I am planning on moving my Drupal-build site to Elgg, and I am wondering if these features can be build using Elgg.

The general idea behind the site is this.

• A surfspot (google-map and more properties like showers yes/no restuarants yes/no)
  • Surfers. (skill level, age and "Local on these surfspots" --> links to Surfspot (groups???)
  • Gear, A surfer has gear wich he/she manages (kite or board, size, serial no., year of purchase..)
  • A surflog. After a session a surfer enters a surflog. Links to a surfspot, and to gear used. More details like, wind strength, wave height, weather. etc.
  • Plan a session, (event?) Enter a planned sesion of a vriend.
  • Overview pages of All session logs, all Gear. , all planned sessions of friends. etc..

I have been strungeling using the "Google-map" and the "Flexgroupprofile" but I am lost.

Any pointer in the right direction anyone??

Thanks a lot from this Elgg newbie

• Anything is possible.

I suggest that you post more specific questions about what you are struggling with and people may be able to help.

• Thanks for teh verry quick answer!

Oke, something concrete to start with:

Two user "Content forms" using the "Form" tool

"Surf-Quiver"- Users entering their quiver. Fields like, brand, size, serial no, date of purchase

"Session-Log"- Users log their session, Fields like, Date, wind speed, wind direction AND, here I need a select box to the users "Surf-quiver"

Any suggestions?

Thanks again

• Yes, the form plugin supports a date picker and select boxes. Perhaps you could install the latest version and try it out?

• I did try it out, but I don't know how to solve this.

• I add gear to my "Surf-Quiver", say a North, evo 10 sqm.
    • Now I have had the session of my live, and I want to add a "Session-log". The first field would be "Select the gear used during this session", and this should be a selectbox, containing al my gear from my own personal "Surf-quiver".So this way I select my North evo 10 sqm, and is should not be a text field, beacuae this fiels refers to a item in my personal "Surf-quiver"

In the Form admin I can select "Add existing field", but this ends up being an input field, and not a selectbox containg previous entries.

Maybe this is the wrong group to ask, and maybe I should ask the maintainer of the "Forms" tool

• Aaah, sorry Kevin, I see you are the Author of the form plugin...

So this would be the right place.....

• Sorry, I'm afraid I don't think I understand you.

Are you saying that you are adding a pulldown choice field and are defining several options, but when you view the form, it is displaying a text entry field, not a pulldown?

When you edit the form, you are shown a list of the attached fields as well as their types. The relevant one should have a "choice" type.

• I am afraid you don't understand.

Let me give you an other example.

I would like to add a content form named "Authors"-> Fields; Names, Date_of_birth, Gender, etc...

I would like to ad a content form named "Book" --> Fields: title, number of pages, Author

But this field Book field Authour should be a reference to the content form Author.

• Hi, I'm afraid that I definitely don't understand.

What do you mean by "this field Book field Authour should be a reference to the content form Author"?

What do you mean by "reference"?

• By reference I mean I can select all Authors. So it should be a select field.

So first, I enter a few Authors. Tolkien, JK Rowling, George Orwell

Then I would like to enter a new book. The "Author" field should be a select box, containing all Authors I have previuosly entered. Some sort of relational database, linking two "Tables" Book and Author.

Clear?? I hope so, I don't know how to explain it in a different way

• If you mean, "can I add a custom field type which is a select box whose values are determined by something else in the database", the answer is yes.

This is not yet documented, but the function

form_custom_field_type_manager($type='',$label='',$input_view='',$output_view='')

that appears near the top of

mod/form/models/model.php

lets you add all kinds of custom fields.

You could create one called "my_authors".

All the views should accept the usual "internalname" and "value" $vars parameters.