open_basedir PHP

Hello elgg team,
I am planning to create a small social networking website.Since I am not financially good, i was searching free service providers. Fortunately I found Elgg and thought of making use of it to know how your application looks like.
I used "elgg-1.8.19"
I uploaded the files related to Elgg in www.000webhost.com which is a free hosting service provider. After uploading when I opened the
website, the install.php ran requirements check.Below is the message I got
------------

Requirements check

Your server failed the requirements check. After you have fixed the below issues, refresh this page. Check the troubleshooting links at the bottom of this page if you need further assistance.

PHP
The open_basedir PHP directive may prevent Elgg from saving files to its data directory.

Web server
We think your server is running the Apache web server.

The rewrite test failed and the most likely cause is that AllowOverride is not set to All for Elgg's directory. This prevents Apache from processing the .htaccess file which contains the rewrite rules.

A less likely cause is Apache is configured with an alias for your Elgg directory and you need to set the RewriteBase in your .htaccess. There are further instructions in the .htaccess file in your Elgg directory.
Database
The database requirements are checked when Elgg loads its database.

---------------------
I enquired about the hosting service provider and they said "The PHP open_basedir feature is enabled by default and can not be
disabled for security reasons. However, it can be done with premium account."

Now I would like to know how to proceed with the website. Any solutions for this. If I had enough money then I would have gone with paid hosting service providers. Since I am trying for the first time i have to see how the website looks like. So i am looking forward to your help to solve this issue.

Regards