Is elgg my best option?

Hi there,
I'm about to start a project with many social features.
In a nutshell I want to give musicians the ability to have online groups where they can upload their session or practice and have timestamp comments and approval from other musicians about the their perfomance.
The content is Video/Audio and will be saved on youtube\vimeo\musiccloud.
I'm looking for these features:
* Groups (open\closed)
* List of session\practice in the group
* Group wall
* Group discussions
* Group users
* Group invite
* Session discussion
* The ability to develop a unique plugin\module for my needs. the plugin must connect to
youtube\vimeo\musiccloud API's and play the video\track.
It must also save the unique information (timebased comments and other fields) in a DB.
* I'm going to use ElasticSearch server, so I need to connect to it.

I have years of ASP.NET experience ,I already developed the first version of the service without many social features. I think I'll prefer to have a great social platform and build my app inside the platform, am I right??

Well that's the basic, I'll be glad to hear your feedback and whether elgg is my best choice.

Thank you.

• I'm not familiar with ElasticSearch but everything else you mentioned is easily accomplished with Elgg, most of it out of the box.

• Why reinventing the wheel? Most of the things you mentioned are available in Elgg our of the box. All you need is to extend some functionalities of it. Developers like izap has implemented Elastic search with Elgg. Google will provide some information on this.

There are already plugins available which exposes youtube other video sharing site's APIs.

Beginning Developers

Beginning Developers

This space is for newcomers, who wish to build a new plugin or to customize an existing one to their liking