Attaching An Image With A File

Uploading a file has never been an issue for me. But trying to insert an image during the "creation" or "edit" phase has got me stumped. I have created a specific images folder through ftp. But no matter what I do, Elgg can seem to locate the file, no matter where I put it. It always produces a "broken" icon.

What am I missing?

• How are you trying to retrieve the file? More specifically how do you save it?

Rodolfo Hernandez

Arvixe/Elgg Community Liaison

• Retieving the file isn't of concern bro. It is when I am creating something to be downloaded. Everything works great, except when I want to insert an image in the description section. I put the url to where the image is located. But in the end, it still, only produces a broken icon. So I have to assume Elgg can't look inside itself to find it?

• What is an example url you are using?

I have created a specific images folder through ftp. But no matter what I do, Elgg can seem to locate the file, no matter where I put it. It always produces a "broken" icon.

This could be anything from a wrong url, file permissions, etc.  Why are you creating new folders via ftp anyway?  If it's a theme change then put the images in the theme plugin.  If it's a random picture just for some blog post or something then you should use the file/embed plugins, or create something similar to those.