Creating Tab content

I an very much a novice at elgg and programming. I would like to know how to create a tabs with friends, mine, all like on the blog page. I have read up on Cash Castello book on Social Networking Elgg 1.8 and have come to some understanding of creating a plugin. 

I have searched the way to create a tab with my own content showing when clicked but have had no luck in understanding how to implement it. 

If someone could point me to some code or plugin which passes tab paramters to the filter.php page (I think thats where its being sent) I would be appreciative. 

Thank you.

• If you output your content in a 'content' layout the tabs 'All', 'Mine' and 'Friends' will be there by default (look at /mod/file/pages/file/world.php or ..../friends.php or ..../owner.php).

Since the tabs are a menu, you can register a plugin hook (elgg_register_plugin_hook_handler('register', 'menu:filter', 'the_name_to_some_function')) and you can add/remove/edit the tabs.

Beginning Developers

Beginning Developers

This space is for newcomers, who wish to build a new plugin or to customize an existing one to their liking