No Delete Button in the Summary of River Objects

Hi, I am using the Facebook Theme, and as an administrator, I see the delete button in the summary of the messageboard posts and friend creations in the river/activity page, but if I log in as a non-administrator and post on the messageboard or if I befriend someone, I can't delete the post or the "X is now friends with Y" notifications (there is no delete button). I have been trying to figure it out since a week ago, but I couldn't find the view that controlled this. I am trying to put a delete command in the mod\facebook_theme\views\default\river\elements\attachment or in the mod\facebook_theme\views\default\river\elements\body, but I am getting errors. In short, how could members be able to delete their own messageboard posts, friend creation notifications or any other activity from their profile?

• I have tried the following in the start.php of the Facebook_Theme without success:

After the command elgg_unregister_plugin_hook_handler('register', 'menu:river', 'elgg_river_menu_setup');, I put the following: 

elgg_register_plugin_hook_handler('register', 'menu:river', 'elgg_river_menu_setup');
    function elgg_river_menu_setup($hook, $type, $return, $params) {
    if (elgg_is_logged_in()) {
    $item = $params['item'];
    $object = $item->getObjectEntity();

if ($owner) {
    $options = array(
    'name' => 'delete',
    'href' => elgg_add_action_tokens_to_url("action/river/delete?id=$item->id"),
    'text' => elgg_view_icon('delete'),
    'title' => elgg_echo('delete'),
    'confirm' => elgg_echo('deleteconfirm'),
    'priority' => 200,
    );
    $return[] = ElggMenuItem::factory($options);
    }
    }
    return $return;

However, I got Fatal error: Cannot redeclare elgg_river_menu_setup() (previously declared in C:\xampp\htdocs\sites\elgg-1.8.13\engine\lib\navigation.php:345). I need help. Thanks.