Fatal error when posting on message board

everytime i post on a message board i get this fatal error

Fatal Error.

Redirect could not be issued due to headers already being sent. Halting execution for security. Search http://docs.elgg.org/ for more information.

SecurityException Object
(
[message:protected] => Redirect could not be issued due to headers already being sent. Halting execution for security. Search http://docs.elgg.org/ for more information.
[string:Exception:private] => exception 'SecurityException' with message 'Redirect could not be issued due to headers already being sent. Halting execution for security. Search http://docs.elgg.org/ for more information.' in /home/content/29/10716929/html/engine/lib/elgglib.php:151
Stack trace:
#0 /home/content/29/10716929/html/mod/messageboard/actions/add.php(38): forward(-1)
#1 /home/content/29/10716929/html/engine/lib/actions.php(99): include('/home/content/2...')
#2 /home/content/29/10716929/html/engine/handlers/action_handler.php(20): action('messageboard/ad...')
#3 {main}
[code:protected] => 0
[file:protected] => /home/content/29/10716929/html/engine/lib/elgglib.php
[line:protected] => 151
[trace:Exception:private] => Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[file] => /home/content/29/10716929/html/mod/messageboard/actions/add.php
[line] => 38
[function] => forward
[args] => Array
(
[0] => -1
)

)

[1] => Array
(
[file] => /home/content/29/10716929/html/engine/lib/actions.php
[line] => 99
[args] => Array
(
[0] => /home/content/29/10716929/html/mod/messageboard/actions/add.php
)

[function] => include
)

[2] => Array
(
[file] => /home/content/29/10716929/html/engine/handlers/action_handler.php
[line] => 20
[function] => action
[args] => Array
(
[0] => messageboard/add
)

)

)

[previous:Exception:private] => 
)

I have checked for a redirect error in the start.php file in mod/messageboard and everything looks as if its in place. Please help

• Are you using the Facebook theme or a Facebook-like theme? This issue has been reported by people using this theme in the past several times. You might want to check out the comments made on the Facebook plugin download page or do a site/Google seach to find a solution. I don't know if there is a working solution though. The Facebook theme seems to contain quite a lot of bugs (based on the number of discussion topics started about it). This theme modifies the Elgg default theme quite heavily and has not been updated for quite a long time. Therefore, you have to expect it to not really working without issues - not only issues that have been included when the latest version of the theme was released but also new issues that result from changes in Elgg core versions released since then and are not considered in the Facebook theme.

• No I'm using, Purity three and Morgantitan 0.9 on two different networks, one in each.

I had to return to the 1.8.13 version of elgg.

Thanks for responding so promptly.

• i am using the cool theme 1.0 

• @Tangled you should not use the cool theme on a production site. That theme has a lot of bugs, you have to navigate through the comments section of that plugin to fix the issue.

Rodolfo Hernandez

Arvixe/Elgg Community Liaison