TABS, TABS Permissions View, Groups Dubts

Hello All. Thank you so much for beeing a growing community helping each other. 

I would like to change few things in the main tabs and for their permission view.

Where we see "Activity, Discussion, Groups, Plugins, Showcas, Themes" I want to remove most (Including Activity Tab). If possible, Activity Tab is only visible for Administrators. 

At Group Tab, and Others, I would like to remove the "tab All": Groups (All groups), Discussion (All discussions pages), etc... and redirect to "My TAB's": Groups (My Groups), Pages (My Pages)

The groups dubt is: How can I invite a user to a group that is not visible to (Registered Users)? 
The user Can't see the group. I need to change view permission to the group any time I want to add a new user to the group?  

• Each menu item has tabs, for example, Activity has "All" "Mine" "Friends". Where do I style these? I'd like to get rid of the border and simply have text, not to have them framed/boxed like the default style. 

Adding a new views/default/css/elements/navigation.php in my theme didn't accomplish this.

• quickest way to edit any item visually is via css.. 
    display:none;
    will remove an element.

to prevent elements rendering at all you need to locate the php files that invoke them.

the menu_builder plugin will allow you to totally edit the menu content.. though will not prevent people accessing pages directly by typeing in the url into the address bar.

• /* ***************************************
    FILTER MENU
    *************************************** */
    .elgg-menu-filter {
    margin-bottom: 5px;
    border-bottom: 2px solid #ccc;
    display: table;
    width: 100%;
    }
    .elgg-menu-filter > li {
    float: left;
    border: 2px solid #ccc;
    border-bottom: 0;
    background: #eee;
    margin: 0 0 0 10px;

-webkit-border-radius: 5px 5px 0 0;
    -moz-border-radius: 5px 5px 0 0;
    border-radius: 5px 5px 0 0;
    }
    .elgg-menu-filter > li:hover {
    background: #dedede;
    }
    .elgg-menu-filter > li > a {
    text-decoration: none;
    display: block;
    padding: 3px 10px 0;
    text-align: center;
    height: 21px;
    color: #999;
    }
    .elgg-menu-filter > li > a:hover {
    color: #4690D6;
    }
    .elgg-menu-filter > .elgg-state-selected {
    border-color: #ccc;
    background: white;
    }
    .elgg-menu-filter > .elgg-state-selected > a {
    position: relative;
    top: 2px;
    }

you tried those in the navigation file?

• These "main tabs" are actually the 'site' menu, you can use any way of manipulating this menu. Probably easiest way would be to tap to 'register', 'menu:site' plugin hook and do the filtering.

It would be nicer though to use elgg_unregister_menu_item, but it requires a bit more digging to find out menu item names.

• Thanks Costa, I hope you won't mention that you helped me if we ever have an argument :)

When I work with your css MENU settings, all the "Members"  tabs as well as the tabs of some other plugins I added, do not change. When I work with the TAB settings below, then "Members" tabs change but not the others. Looks like I'll have to make the same changes to both FILTER MENU and TABS to get a uniform look or I could leave it alone, which I never do :) 

/* ***************************************
    TABS
    *************************************** */
    .elgg-tabs {
    margin-bottom: 5px;
    border-bottom: 2px solid #cccccc;
    display: table;
    width: 100%;
    }
    .elgg-tabs li {
    float: left;
    border: 2px solid #ccc;
    border-bottom: 0;
    background: #eee;
    margin: 0 0 0 10px;
    border-radius: 5px 5px 0 0;
    }
    .elgg-tabs a {
    text-decoration: none;
    display: block;
    padding: 3px 10px 0 10px;
    text-align: center;
    height: 21px;
    color: #999;
    }
    .elgg-tabs a:hover {
    color: #4690D6;
    }
    .elgg-tabs .elgg-state-selected {
    border-color: #ccc;
    }
    .elgg-tabs .elgg-state-selected a {
    position: relative;
    top: 2px;
    }

• dont worry i wont mention it, that guy just set me off.... :)  i didnt really look at the code much, i just remember that from the past when i was playig with something.  will do a little digging today if i get time.  be aware though of the css that may be extended by your theme or other plugins (i am sure you are aware of that.)

• I don't understand how or what I need to change.. 
    Like most lorea/elgg websites, when we login or without login we start at the "Activity" menu.

I just want to change it to other menu 

• are you just looking to change the landing page when you signin? or do you want the activity tab to disappear?

• Costakisc: Yes, or at least for non-administrators

• Yes, I'm doing it through my theme's CSS, of course :)