How can I insert my statcounter javascript code just on the main index page?

The code is Javascript unfortunately, and I was able to add it to the custom footer, but then that puts the statcounter on every single page loaded, which is not really what I am looking for. What would be the best way to just add the statcounter java code to the main index page, and how can I accomplish this? Thankyou...

• main index as in the login page? example

www.site.com 

that kind of main index?

• i would put that script in the custom index plugin

• Custom Index 1.8 is disabled, using the Homepage CMS 1.2 plugin w/ the Widget Manager. Tried the freehtml and disable HTMLawed 1.8 then made the changes and re-enabled it, but thats not working either to get Javascript working on the page.

• then why not post it in the hompage cms plugin?

• The only 2 ways I was able to successfully add the Java code, was with the Ads Rotator plugin and Footer editor, but really only interested in the stats from the main index, and my statcounter won't show any keyword activity or drill downs for keyword analysis if the statcounter is loading on every page, this is why I am trying to find a solution to just adding the Java snipplet to only the index.php somehow, is there a way to copy and paste the block of code into a .php somewhere and get it to work only for the main url?

• if you are not using custom index wouldn't you overide and add it to views/default/page/default.php  ??

• '  a solution to just adding the Java snipplet to only the index.php ...
    copy paste the block of code into a .php somewhere
    and get it to work only for the main url ?  '   ?? 

why don't you simply just code exactly what you have said ?!!??

if  ( index.php  is sitting at the main url  )
        {
            spit out the javascript snipplet block of code )
        }

yadda yadda yadda ...

• oki got that fixed up correctly for good test @ one of my elgg demos;
    main index page shows statctr js; other pages don't care so not statctr
    and.. if ppl were kinder and actually answered my earlier questions quickly ;-) 
    i'd not have had to goto statcounter, create account, get my js code, 
    yadda yadda yadda; saved me time so i''d be looking at interesting part quicker 
    now to try the more difficult part .. ~> sxactly, just what on earth
    now that i've got it set up properly.. does all this stat ctr stuff do for my site ?
    anyone wanna educate me more @here ?? i can almost smell a nooobz
    nexgen-kstatz plugin simmering and wafting from across muauhh frying pan..