Group icon size on sidebar

Hello, to someone it might sound as a silly question (I really hope it does, then I could probably hope for an answer):

- I can't manage to change the icon size just for the sidebar group icon (the one on the top with brief desction next to it). 

I have played with /mod/group files for a 2 days now and its definally not there, I believe its defined/hardcored somewhere in elgg and I just can't manage to find it and change.

Default size is tiny and I want to change it to bigger size, but only for the upper right corner group icon in the sidebar:

Group icon on sidebar

If someone can help me, I would really appreciate it.

• Search in mod\groups\views\default\group\default.php

$icon = elgg_view_entity_icon($group, 'tiny');

• It doesn't work, I tried to put 

$icon = elgg_view_entity_icon($group, 'medium');

in mod\groups\views\default\group\default.php - no effect.

I even tried to delete that file to see if anything changes on the layout - no changes.

I dunno if its a bug or something, but I simply cannot find a file to edit to change the size of group icon at the sidebar upper right corner.

Waiting for the help, hope someone can help me out.

• Actually "mod\groups\views\default\group\default.php" is the first file I did try to change, but it looks like that file has no effect on group's layout somehow. 

Hopefully someone can clear out this issue for me.

• it's in the views / default / group / default.php file on line 10:

$icon = elgg_view_entity_icon($group, 'medium');

if that still doesn't work then clear your cache or run upgrade.php

• ...or you might have a theme or another plugin installed that overrides this view and therefore your changes won't be visible. In this case you need to make the modification in the corresponding view of this other theme/plugin.

• ohh silly me, there is plugin "relatedgroups" that overwrite those settings, I managed to change it.

But its not useful, because it does change the icon size anywhere (groups listing page, related groups widget, custom index).

Thanks for the help and replies so far!

Is there a way to change the size just for the upper left sidebar icon (like in the screenshot in the first post) ?

• Now when I found the file that actually does change the group icon layout, I played a bit with it and managed to change the icon size with adding brief view code inside 

} elseif (elgg_instanceof(elgg_get_page_owner_entity(),'group')) { ..... }

Thanks everyone for the help! Really appreciate it, elgg rocks!