text in activity

hello

please open "anydiary.com" with username "guest"and pass "123456" and watch when I type

hello

hello

hello

in comments it shows next line I mean showing as I type.

but text posted in blog wire etc is not showing as I type it is in single line without any para next line as sould be

It is as hello hello hello

• Apart from the issue you describe here, your site seems to have a more basic problem of CSS not loading. This might be due to the way you installed Elgg ("localhost" as site URL?) or due to wrong permissions for the data directory or due to a 3rd party plugin that does not fully work. Maybe you have not yet noticed this issue when you only access your site from the same computer it is installed on but for others your site more or less does not work.

Maybe your "hello hello hello" problem is also due to the CSS issue (to be honest I don't fully understand what exactly your are describing). First, try to solve your CSS issue. If the other problem still persist when you have solved this, then you can post an update here.

• if I post this joke to my blog

"Bus Accident
    Man Crying: Mera hath kat gaya.
    Bahut dard ho raha hai.

Santa: Abey chup baith.
    Wo dekh uska gala kat gaya,
    Fir bhi chup-chaap pada hai..!!"

IT SHOWS IN ACTIVITY PAGE LIKE THIS

Bus Accident Man Crying: Mera hath kat gaya. Bahut dard ho raha hai. Santa: Abey chup baith. Wo dekh uska gala kat gaya, Fir bhi chup-chaap pada hai..!!

I have seen this text error in all elgg sites in activity page and also on "elgg.org"

I want to say that every text we enter somewhere in site in wire blog etc should appear in activity in same conditions like we enter I mean next line should be in next lineimageimage  
  • It's not an error, the activity is showing an exerpt which deliberately removes line breaks to condense the output into a smaller area.  If you were to post a list of 200 2 letter words all separated by a line break you wouldn't want 200 characters of that shown in activity with all those line breaks.

So in short, not an error.  Don't like it, overwrite all activity views and remove exerpt.

• How I could show it with line break