deletion of registered/unvalidated users in admin pages - too slow/painful

every few days i see a set of registrations from the same source of 10-20 accounts that are bogus.

using the anti spam tools that are available i can limit the registrations to some extent; however, the actual task of manually deleting each account is laborious.. there is not a way presently in elgg of deleting groups of profiles together.. each delete takes at least 20-30 seconds or so on my site, for whatever reason. so the process is not desirable.

does anyone know if admin changes such as these and also getting the invalidated users list functions to work are planned for upcoming releases?

thanks 

• hmmm lolzz ;-oO i did used to have something similar, but for quick massive delete of 'spammer' blogs & pages... i wonder if it might be worth the time to look into adapting the basic logic structure and algorithm from there to handle unvalidated users ?

• two changes that would help are to add a 'number to display' field next to the lists of users, so that more than 10 are viewable simultaneously.. then to add checkboxes to select groups and be able to delete all in one go. 
    some of these users are 'validated' (yet no ip address has been stored).
    so the issue is for both validated and unvalidated accounts.

these are relatively simple design changes in the way the admin pages operate... which are needed anyway.. 

i think that the pages and blogs are deleted when the accounts are deleted anyway, so most likely there is no need for code that targets content specifically. 

• Correct - user content is deleted with the user, that's why deleting spammers can take a while, and sometimes timeout if they have a lot of content.  That would be a more useful interface though.

• so this is more precisely about the way that lists are displayed right the way through elgg.

more imaginative and complete application of functions for lists would improve elgg's usability in many ways.

• hmmm lolzz ;-oO
    please allow me state the proper context of what i posted before ;)
    i did used to have something similar,
    [ for *pre-Elgg 1.8 tho I never looked into Elgg 1.8  because
      I just had to know how Elgg 1.8 handled child-entities ;) ]
    but for quick massive delete of 'spammer' blogs & pages..
    i wonder if it might be worth the time to look into
    adapting the basic logic structure and algorithm
    [ or rather *porting the *methodology used there *pre Elgg.1.18 ]
    from there to handle unvalidated users ?
    [ using the same *slick, *quick, *easy, * 'one-click-does-it-all' *style ;-) ]
    [ and perhaps.. even with some nice (open-sourced copied from somewhere else)
    [ no-timeout @ php scripts 'way-to-go-matey' ]
    The technology to achieve all this is available..
    usually precipitates to whether the time to indulge in code is also available...

• Yes, time is of course the biggest factor

Feedback and Planning

Feedback and Planning

Discussions about the past, present, and future of Elgg and this community site.