Big pictures can't upload

Hi

I'm sure there is a simple explanation, but when I try to upload a picture at 3072x2048px (4.6MB) it allways fail.

I have tried setting up the memory_limit in php.ini to 128MB

I have tried setting max upload size in tidypics to 30720.

I have tried both GD and imagick.

When uploading smaller photos ImageMagick produces blank thumbnail and pictures, as if t does nothing at all - only when I choose to download the picture I can see it.

ImageMagick details:

• Version: ImageMagick 6.2.4 02/10/07 Q16 http://www.imagemagick.org
  • Copyright: Copyright (C) 1999-2005 ImageMagick Studio LLC
  • path to /usr/bin/convert

GD works fine on smaller pictures.

I'm using the svn trunk version of tidypics on a freshly installed Elgg 1.5.

Any ideas?

Regards

slyhne

• Problem is identified. It seems changes to my upload_max_filesize in php.ini didn't work, phpinfo shows upload_max_filesize = 2M no matter what I set it to.

I have contacted my hosting companys support with the issue.

Anyway tidypics are not the cause of my problems with large files.

Thanks for being so helpfull

slyhne

• PHP IM support has been added. It is still being tested.

• Is it possible to get this as a feature? Like max pic size 800x600 or even better that during upload pics are resized to whatever the admin specified.

• By default, Tidypics saves the original image to the server disk and creates three smaller images (the main image view, the album view, and the small thumbnail for the activity river.

I think you are asking that the original image not be saved but another resized image that is larger than the main image view. This the image that would be available for download rather than the original image. Am I understanding this correctly?

• yes, that's what I was thinking about in order to save diskspace.