and maybe a plugin that groups together repeated entries in the river?

so if i post 5 comments on the same video, only one entry appears in the river.. as with facebook..
i think i saw this with the hypealive plugin.. i've disabled it now because it over-rides the comment system which i need to keep for other plugins to work.
anyone seen any others that are less complex than hype alive and do this? i've looked, not found yet.

thanks 

• Actually I think the Elgg river works by default so that the original river object (e.g. a blog) gets a list of the comments under it. So disabling the river entries for individual comments would basically make it work the way you want.

The only difference from facebook would be that the original post wouldn't automatically appear at the beginning of the river.

• The difference there is that the comments attached to the original river object will be well buried if a comment is made on a post a few days/weeks old.

• The creation time of the original river entry (for example a new video) could be updated every time a new comment is added. Then that entry would move to the top in the river.

This would however cause the video river item to display that time as the creation time of the video instead of the time of the latest comment. So I don't think there are currently any clean ways to do this.

I wonder if there are any open tickets in Trac about upgrading river to support this kind of behavior.