ajax tabs as sitewide default feature

does anyone know if there is an intention to integrate ajaxed tabs into elgg core? for members, groups, river, blogs index pages etc.?

i made a version of each of the modules that included that for 1.7 elgg. i'm sure there will be much more elegant ways of doing it now, than how i did it then.. but i'd rather see it go into elgg core than keep re-coding it each time the versions increase.

i'm also interested to know of suggestions as to how to do this easily..
like with one clever piece of code/plugin that creates that effect in all instances of the tab tool.

thanks 

• There has to be a way to make tabs ajax loading?

@tunist I like your plugin but now it's needed for Elgg 1.8 :(

I have working code that loads content into page but would like to make it ajaxed. I tried registering ajax view for the files but it's still reloading pages. What is missing here?

$tab = get_input('tab') ? get_input('tab') : ''; $params = array( 'tabs' => array( array('title' => elgg_echo('Tab1'), 'url' => "$url" . '?tab=content1', 'selected' => true), array('title' => elgg_echo('Tab2'), 'url' => "$url" . '?tab=content2', 'selected' => ($tab == 'content2')), array('title' => elgg_echo('Tab3'), 'url' => "$url" . '?tab=content3', 'selected' => ($tab == 'content3')), ) ); echo elgg_view('navigation/tabs', $params); switch($tab) { case 'content2': echo elgg_view('myplugin/content2'); break; case 'content3': echo elgg_view('myplugin/content3'); break; case 'content1': default: echo elgg_view('myplugin/content1'); break; }

Thanks for your help.

Feedback and Planning

Feedback and Planning

Discussions about the past, present, and future of Elgg and this community site.