How to allow visitors/guests/non-members to post content ?????

Any administration's setting, plugin or whatever else to allow non registered users to post comments, pictures, etc ????

Thank you

• Use this plugin to do that:

http://community.elgg.org/plugins/763001/1.3/speak-freely

Rodolfo Hernandez

Arvixe/Elgg Community Liaison

• That sounds great, thanks for sharing Rjcalifornia.

I am going to give it a try as soon as i find a solution to a major problem i am having right now with a theme, as the place where this plugin supposed to be installed in, it's a total mess...i don't know if it depends from my browser (IE9) or the theme itself, as the only answer i got till now it didn't bring me anywhere near a possible solution, also, i found other users having similar issues long ago that don't seems to have been fixed or that there is a will to fix them anyhow...

Thanks again, if i will manage to have this thing to work, i will come back to say how good it was or just rant again ;)

• Which theme are you using? All themes and plugins must be installed in the mod folder.

Rodolfo Hernandez

• Yes the installation went ok (i think) , it's the Facebook's Theme, really, is unusable, as the username field is not there and the password field have the top part cutted out, but from the bottom part is possible to understand what is written in there, then there are fields on top of other fields, so, in short, a whole mess.

Searching on the forum, i found other users addressing these apparent "incompatibilities" but no effort was made to rectify them or even aknowledge them.

• There has been some effort, but the theme has several errors... fatal errors... I strongly suggest to use another theme, until the developer releases a new version of the facebook theme.

Rodolfo Hernandez

• Ohh ok, that's a very usefull piece of information, thanks for that.

Now i wish i would have used a more soft approach to the matter, but it just looked as if nothing was done and created some sort of bad feeling toward it....developers, please if you are aware of "problems" with your creatures, make sure newbies (as me) knows you are aware of them...sorry for the griefs

I didn't look yet if there is anything similar out there, as i saw a high number of downloads for this theme, i thought i was "safe" by just choosing this, which one would you recommend?

Even if the graphic is different, as long as it works on that way it would be great.

Just an open-wall where people can post comments/pics/etc and everybody else looking at that page would be able to seen it and do the same.

Thanks.

Feedback and Planning

Feedback and Planning

Discussions about the past, present, and future of Elgg and this community site.