"500 Internal Server Error" upon sending activation Mails (notifications are fine)

Hi there,

I set up a fresh elgg 1.1 installation and got the first "Internal Server Error" when I set up the first user.
I always end up with this error and do not get a mail when trying to use the "forget password" link (I can enter the username, then comes the error) or when I try to register a new user.

But weird enough I get all kind of notifications like friend request etc. without any problem.

mail() function in general workes as I confirmed wit a little script.

Any ideas?

• Ro

Dahaniel, thank you for this post!

I am having a real problem that sounds *similar* to what you described, but I can't tell.  I am trying to install the latest from the SVN - Friday, November 28th, 2008.  I get past the first screen, where I know the settings.php and the .htaccess files are created.  But, then when I try to fill out the second screen, I get the following error (even though the second screen says "Elggs's database was installed successfully. "):

Table 'mydatabasename.elggentity_subtypes' doesn't exist QUERY: SELECT * from elggentity_subtypes where type='object' and subtype='file'

Can anyone tell me why this is happening?

...Update - I just switched to Opera to try another fresh install and got it installed!  So, is there something wrong with A) Firefox? or B) Trying to install more than once in the same browser without clearing the cache?

But I got it installed!  Woo hoo!

• Ro

I think it was definitely a cookie or some kind of session issue and maybe even with Firefox!  After installing the site through the Opera browser, I went back to Firefox and refreshed the page.  It though I didn't even have the settings.php and .htaccess filled out, giving me the first form again.  Just really strange.  I hope that someone can shed some light on this.