Fatal error in exception handler. Check log for Exception at time 1659041314

I uploaded my elgg files and datafiles on my xampp server to my hosting server for my domain "usumda.com" via by Filezilla ftp. I made the necessity changes in config file.

But when I type the name on browsers I got the error

Fatal error in exception handler. Check log for Exception at time 1659041314

I made researches in the community and got results wihich made me look on the hosting server, hostinger.com, logs. It says;

2022-07-28
23:40:24
GET /index.php?r=web%2Fpwa-service-worker%2Findex&v=1654285445 HTTP/1.1
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/103.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
Turkey

I don't have enough knowledge on what to do. I need your help.

• I assume the file/folder permissions are reason.

Also, don't transfer the system and simple caches from the localhost to production server.

There may also be something in .htaccess that needs to be changed.

There're many reasons, so we need to know more details.

I'd be happy to help you if I know more.

FYI:

Elgg installation

Duplicate installation

• One of the staff in my hosting server say that, in the log, it is said "elgg_users_session" doesn't exist.

What should I do to solve the error.

• Something happened when you created the database.

1 - Which you Elgg version?

2 - Is this a newly created site, or do you've users and data there?

(If you've just created a website, I recommend you reinstall Elgg following the instructions).

• I found out that "elgg_users_apisessions", "elgg_users_remember_me_cookies" and "elgg_users_sessions" table cannot be export in phpmyadmin with the other tables together. I exported the first 15 tables first, then the missing 3 tables. I imported the tables to the database in my web server via the phpmyadmin in the sever cpanel. At last I got the front page displayed but Login page produces "ajax:error" now. My website is set as "private" login. I tried to login my two admin users account, but after enter my login knowledge  it displayed the same error, "ajax:error".

Then I tried my experiental registered user account, It worked and I got the front page of a registered user. But with some error messages "You do not have permissions to view the page you are trying to access". 

I ticked on a thumbnail of the photos I uploaded before. It displayed "Bad request. You cannot access AJAX views directly."

To sum up, I cannot login as my admin accounts anyway. it produces "ajax:error". and I login with registered to the site with errors and it doesn't display photos uploaded, but displays blogs without images.

I need help! Any idea to solve the problem?

• My Elgg version is 4.2.2.

It has four users except admin. It is created on my localhost "xampp" on my computer. It works properly there. But when I uploaded the files on my hostinger account it makes so.

• You did everything wrong from the very beginning.
    Moving the site to another server is called a "duplicate installation".

If you read the mentioned link, you'll know how to do it.

Now, there're 2 methods to solve your problem.

1 - Correct duplicate installation

2 - Deleting the current Elgg instance and installing a new Elgg instance.

Since you don't have critical data, I recommend the easiest way - to install a new Elgg instance.

1) Go to your Elgg root directory (where are the files located), and remove settings.php from elgg-config folder.

2) Go to your Elgg data directory and delete all files/folders from inside out.

3) Drop your Elgg database using phpMyAdmin or something else.

You're now ready to set up your Elgg site.

Please learn Elgg docs before.

1) Make sure your data directory has the correct permissions: this step

2) Recreate your Elgg database: this step

3) Also note that elgg-config folder must have read/write permissions: this note

If you did everything right, you can start installing Elgg site now.

FYI, there's Troubleshooting section.

• Nikolai,

First of all, thank you very much. I tried what you told step by step on my xampp localhost for an upgrading test. I could manage it. I will try same to move to my hosting server. I hope I can manage it.