TidyPics installation fails

So I went to install my first plugin - TidyPics. I downloaded release 3.3.3 and added it to the mods folder. In admin, I visit Plugins, and TidyPics shows up. If I click Activate, however, it brings down my entire instance. All page requests (user and admin pages) return a 500 error. I can fix it by deleting the TidyPics plugin. Then pages load again. Any tips/suggestions?

• You haven't mentioned the version of Elgg you use but I guess you are using version 4. Unfortunately, Tidypics isn't compatible yet with Elgg 4. For the time being you would have to use Elgg 3.3, if you need Tidypics now or you'll have to use Elgg 4 without Tidypics until I've managed to update the plugin for Elgg 4.

• Yes. I have 4.0.6. Thanks for making tidypics and I hope it gets updated to elgg 4 someday soon!

• Try this version with Elgg 4.x (https://github.com/rohit1290/tidypics)

Let me know if you are having any issue.

• Thank you!!! .. I was just about to nuke my 4.0 elgg site and start over with 3.3 so I could use tidypics. This came just in the nick of time.

Install it did not crash the site

I was able to activate it from the admin panel

I was able to view and edit the settings

I was able to create a photo album in a group

When I attempted to upload picture to the photo album I get the following message:

Your browser doesn't have sufficient HTML5 or HTML4 support. Unfortunately, uploading of photos will not work. Please, update your browser.

I checked to make sure that my version of Chrome is the latest and it is Version 97.0.4692.71 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Does that make any sense?

• When I attempted to upload picture to the photo album I get the following message:

Your browser doesn't have sufficient HTML5 or HTML4 support. Unfortunately, uploading of photos will not work. Please, update your browser.

Confirmed

• Here's the screenshot from my localhost, I can see it working for Elgg 4.x in Chrome Version 96.0.4664.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Maybe try clearing the cache and reloading the page again.

• Cache cleared and running Version 97.0.4692.71 (Official Build) (64-bit).. No Joy