Can anyone help me solve a mystery?

Can anyone help me solve a mystery?

I am building a new site using Egg 3.3. I have Jerome Baker's Html_Email_Handler plugin (5.1) installed. Everything works great on all notifications, except when I upload a file. When the email notification is viewed on a mobile device it shows a portion of the html code for the link in the email:

rel="nofollow" style="text-decoration: none; color: #4682B4;">

But, on a mobile device it doesn't apply the color or text-decoration instructions. When viewed on a desktop browser the attributes are applied as they should be. I have searched the site for the color instructions and can't find any code that has any errors. 

Any ideas where to even look? Is this a problem with my css changes to the plugin or a problem with the file handling? It doesn't happen on all email notifications. Any ideas? Thanks for any help!

• Nikolai Shcherbin, yes that's where I got it. I have now tried deactivating all non-bundled and 3rd party plugins except html_email_handler. I even reloaded versions 5.1, 5.0.4, and 5.0 of the plugin from Jerome Baker's page (with no css tweaks). I then invalidated the caches, cleared the caches, and cleared all settings for the plugin in between each test and it still keeps doing the same thing each time I check it on a mobile device. Here is a screenshot:

But, on a desktop browser the same email looks like this:

This is really puzzling. Thanks for your help.

• Ok, so I still am not sure what caused the issue but I thought I would try an update on my mobile device to see if that was the problem. I updated from Android 10 to 11 and One UI 2 to 3 and it still did the same thing. I then checked the email app, Samsung Email. No updates were available but when I downloaded the Yahoo mail app, the issue did not show up in any of the emails. So, I still don't know what caused the problem but I am going to consider it solved and say it is a problem with the Samsung Email app. I like it but it has had some quirks in the past. Thanks Nikolai.

•  it is a problem with the Samsung Email app

That's what I've written about before.

Also, there's a fork of this plugin. You can try it:

Note: you should use composer to download all requirements for this plugin

• Activate this fork and check your issue again
  • Thank you Nikolai. Where can I learn how to: "use composer to download all requirements for this plugin"? I assume that involves more than just selecting "master" on the dropdown on Github, right?

• Where can I learn how to: "use composer to download all requirements for this plugin"?

Please use these commands:

cd /where-is-elgg=installed/mod/html_email_handler

composer install

• I have elgg installed on a shared hosting server (GoDaddy/Cpanel). Please forgive my ignorance, but won't this command line instruction install it on my local computer?

• Nikolai Shcherbin, I don't think I will worry about doing anything further with html_emai_handler. It is working fine now.Thank you so much.

I would like to ask something else. My site is now working as I want it to and I am almost ready to begin adding users. However, I had installed the latest version of the Freichat plugin and it was working great. Then all of a sudden it stopped showing up. I disabled any of the features that I implemented since it last showed up, reloaded the plugin, moved its position in the plugin list, and cleared the caches on the site and through my shared hosting server but I can't get it to come back. I saw you mentioned Freichat in a discussion. Do you know what could cause this? Thanks for any help.

• Nikolai Shcherbin, Freichat is working again. It must have been an issue on their end. Thanks.

Beginning Developers

Beginning Developers

This space is for newcomers, who wish to build a new plugin or to customize an existing one to their liking