Plugin example "my_blog" still valid ?

Yes, it's me again :)
I try to learn how to generate a plugin for elgg and stumbled over the tutorial in http://learn.elgg.org/en/stable/tutorials/blog.html

Unfortunately i cant make this work. I copies 1:1 everything in the mentioned files but when i call [my-domain]/my_blog/add i always get an error "The page you want to access doens't exist or you dont have appropriate rights for accessing" (translated from german).

I activated the ülugin succesfully, double checkt file contents and structure of directories and files ... no output in apaches error.log ...

I am lost ...

I appreciate any help i can get with this ...

• And how we can help you? Use GitHub/GitLab to check your code.

If you need the skeleton plugin you can use My plugin for Elgg 3.

Also, don't forget to check the read+write permissions on your files/folder uploading its on your site.

Last note, enable Log level: Log errors and warning via Administration -> Site settings.

• Thank you for pointing me to your skeleton plugin. Unfortunately this does not helpt me very much, as i also need explanations related to the code. If I transfer the skeleton to my system i get also "The page you are trying to view does not exist or you do not have permissions to view it". So I am lost again.

> And how we can help you? Use GitHub/GitLab to check your code.
    hm, to closed-ended question you could answer with either yes or no. After studying your 3.X skeleton I would say "NO", as this looks very different from the tutorial.

HELP ! Is there any place where i can learn to implement a plugin for 3.X ?

Is this Elgg thing an dying thing ? I see new versions of the core being implemented, but only a few plugins for the current release ... outdated tutorials ... currently I am unsure if it was a good idea to choose Elgg ...

•  If I transfer the skeleton to my system i get also "The page you are trying to view does not exist or you do not have permissions to view it".

So, it's a reason to check the R+W permisions as I've mentioned above.

Is there any place where i can learn to implement a plugin for 3.X ?

Create a repository at GitHub so we can check your code. We can't blindly guess what you did there.

Is this Elgg thing an dying thing ?

Of course not, just Elgg is not for non developers.

So if you want to learn how to create plugins for Elgg, you will have to study other people's code and documentation (which is not outdated and works fine).

If you want ready-made solutions for your website, hire developers or look for services for this.

• Of course not, just Elgg is not for non developers.

Oh, I wasn't aware of that. If i had known that before ... probably my choice would have been a different.

If you want ready-made solutions for your website, hire developers or look for services for this.

Good point, but as my site is for my school and my fromer classmates, my budget is exactly nothing.

• Maybe consider my suggestion in the message I just sent regarding preferring Elgg 2 over Elgg 3 for now. There should be enough ready-to-use plugins available for free usable without experience in coding. For Elgg 3 the available plugins are more limited (though I hope to increase the number by adding compatible versions of my own plugin as soon as I get them done). When I started years ago with Elgg I had no development knowledge either and it worked for me to use existing plugins to get all functionality I had in mind. The number of active developers did decrease over years though (not point in not mentioning it as sad as it is). That's why I took over the maintenance of existing plugins since several years (with experience in coding increasing over time - and not being too difficult to learn either!).