xmlrpc connection between XMPP-client (pessek_chat) and ejabberd fails ...

Hello, I have one machine that runs an Elgg portal, which contains a plugin that untilizes converse.js as XMPP-client (pessek_chat) and on the same machine i run a ejabberd XMPP-server. Normal operation would be that the plugin synchronizes users/password/details from Elgg portal to ejabberd-server. This fails with the following error message :

2020-07-13 10:04:58.665 [warning] <0.1058.0>@ejabberd_xmlrpc:build_fault_response:238 Error -118 A problem '{error,access_rules_unauthorized}' occurred executing the command check_account with arguments [{user,<<"UserName">>},{host,<<"example.com">>}]{name,<<"FN">>}, {content,<<"My Name">>}]

I guess i have to fiddle with the access_rules for xmlrpc. In my ejabberd.yml i have the following lines (of course there are much more):

acl: 
  admin: 
    user: - "admin@example.com" 
  xmlrpc_access: 
    user: - "admin@example.com" 

access_rules: 
  local: 
    allow: local 
  xmlrpc_access: 
     allow: xmlrpc_access

I dont know what to do :( I appreciate any help.

Also the initial synchronization failed ... but all emails with new password were sent.

• Hello,

What version of ejabberd are you using ?

Can you post you configuration file ?

Regards,

• Hello, i am using ejabberd 20.04, Elgg 3.3.8 and you latest version of XMPP-client 2.0

After lots of googleing i made it work ... important changes were

listen:
        port: 4560
    ##    ip: "::"
        module: ejabberd_xmlrpc
    ##    access_commands:
    #      api_permissions:
    #      xmlrpc_access:
    #        command: all
    #        option: []

api_permissions:
    "xmlrpc commands":
          - ejabberd_xmlrpc
        who: all
        what: "*"

So with that the synchronization worked ... but the avatars werent sychronized and in the moment it looks like the online status is ... hm, a bit lame.

Did i do something wrong ?

• i also recognize, that on my andriod cellphome the chat-window captures the whole screen. I find no way to have a look on Elgg portal anymore

• So let me summarize.

1- Now plugin is working as expected ? Right ?

2- Sorry, but the current version of the plugin does not synchronize users avatar. May be the feature will be implemented on the next release.

3- Can you provide the link of you app with a demo account so I could investigate what is going wrong with  the whole screen on android device.

Regards,

• I close this here as my original problem is solved. Mixing new issues into the thread is no good style.

THIS TRHREAD IS CLOSED !