Advice on migrating Elgg2.3.7 database to Elgg3.2

I have been trying to dump my Elgg2.3 production database to Elgg3.2 development database. But it's unsuccessful. I followed the recommended approach on Elgg documentation - http://learn.elgg.org/en/stable/contribute/database.html. I don't know what I did wrong. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Below were the steps of my attempt.

1. Getting production data from Elgg2.3.7 - mysqldump old_database > production.sql 

2. Importing production data to Elgg3.2 - mysql new_database < production.sql

3. Installing Phinx via composer in my webroot directory and running vendor/bin/phinx init there to create phinx.yml file

4. Executing migration file in webroot directory - vendor/bin/phinx migrate -c vendor/elgg/elgg/engine/conf/migrations.php

Nothing changes in my database and this was the error I got from running #4 -  p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 18.0px 'Times New Roman'; color: #000000; background-color: #fcf8ff} span.s1 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures} "warning no environment specified, defaulting to: prod".

I am opened to try other approaches as well. Please advise.

Beginning Developers

Beginning Developers

This space is for newcomers, who wish to build a new plugin or to customize an existing one to their liking