Plugin Time_Theme_Pro / "Unexpected error while performing an AJAX call. Maybe the connection to the server is lost."

Hello Everybody,

I used to use the Time Theme Pro during several months, 2 or 3 years ago.

I installed a new Elgg and I tried to install this plugin.

Unfortunately, when I active it, I get the following message : "Unexpected error while performing an AJAX call. Maybe the connection to the server is lost".

I checked all the code. I noticed that there was an external call. I deactived it. But it didn't change anything.

I need your lights :-)

Thanks,

CV.

> My Elgg version : 2.3.1

• I think the problem is that the code of the Time Theme Pro plugin (probably based on the Time Theme from the same developer) wasn't completely and correctly updated to take into account the changes necessary to work on Elgg 2. One thing that probably causes the error is that Elgg JS code is no longer loaded in the page header but loaded asyncronously as AMD modules. Plugins should do it the same way. And in case a plugin relies on any Elgg core JS it will cause errors as the loading order is not necessarily the same if you don't define dependencies correctly.

Maybe someone can suggest a working alternative theme to you (unfortunately I can't as I have written my own theme for personal use based on the default Aalborg theme and never really tried any others on Elgg 2).

Or you might have to think about hiring a developer if you need a theme with specific features and a look you like but don't find one you like.