is there a working plugin for 2.3.8 for Importing contacts from the emails including all social networks and all Email providers ?

is there a working plugin for 2.3.8 for Importing contacts from  the emails including all social networks and all Email providers ?

there are plugins for very old version but for 2.3.8 version i dont see any plugins updated for these, is there any one successfully using email contact improrter for inviting from user email to elgg site

•  
    there is the upload_users plugin which allows from a csv file to import users

• I think there isn't any working plugin for Elgg 2.x that would directly fetch contacts from other social networks for sending invitation emails to these contacts. The available older plugins seem to have used the OpenInviter service to provide the contacts from FB, Twitter and other sites. The disussion topics I found about people being interested in updating the plugin all seemed to end with people being interested in updating the plugin but then not doing it or getting stuck doing it. The comments mentioned that the OpenInviter forum seemed flooded with spam (and the comments were made years ago in some cases). So, maybe the OpenInviter service is no longer maintained by reliable people or maybe not at all. I could also imagine that it might no longer be possible at all to fetch the contacts from FB and other social network sites. These companies might have simply disabled the necessary API after all the misuse and scandals that happended during the last couple of years.

Still the bundled Invite Friends plugin could send out invitation emails to several people at once. You only need to enter one email address per line (or copy+paste the list into the field). It might be not as comfortable if the users need to prepare the list of email addresses on their own. On the other hand, you avoid any external party getting involved (who surely are more than happy to get all these email addresses and the connection between the people they belong to offered for free - and most likely their business involves selling this data).