User Settings White Screen

Hi I got this issue using Elgg 2.3, when I go to the user settings page I shows the white screen of death.

I have full logging enable and set it to show php errors and there seems to be none.

I thought it might have been a bad plugin but it isn't, because I disabled everything and it still does it.

I don't know what the issue can be, can someone help me out with this?

• With no errors in the logs it's difficult to say what might be wrong.

Have you really tested with ALL 3rd party plugins disabled to be sure that there's no problem in one of them? Is there also no error displayed in the browser console (development tools of browser)?

Have you modified any Elgg core files (any at all or more specifically a language file)? If you modified a core file and saved your changes in the wring encoding (with Byte Order Marks / BOMs) it might explain why you have a problem. BOMs are non-printable characters added at the beginning of the file that would cause problems. Likewise, if you added anything at the beginning of a file before <?php it would cause problems. So, save any files with encoding "utf9 without BOMs" if you make any modifications.

Beginning Developers

Beginning Developers

This space is for newcomers, who wish to build a new plugin or to customize an existing one to their liking