"No Friends" plugin knocks out CSV user uploads in "Group Tools"

After making progress with the "No Friends" plugin (thanks RvR!), I have noticed a problem:

I went to add users to some of our groups (used to support course modules in a small college) and ... the "CSV Upload" was missing! It was still available on my Elgg "test site", however. A close comparison finally made me realize that the production site uses the "No Friends" plugin; my test site doesn't.

So, I disabled "No Friends" and ... back came the CSV uploads from Group Tools!

Now I know what's going on, I can simply disable the No Friends plugin when I have group member tasks to do, but it would be even better if they didn't conflict in this way. I have no idea why it should be so, but note it here in case anyone would like to investigate.

(I am on Elgg 2.3.8 running in a PHP 7.0 environment, if that's any use.)

• OK - I'm making progress. :)

I have learned that plugin order makes a difference. With that in mind, I checked the order of things in the Plugins panel in the admin. "No Friends" was still last on the page, leaving it where it was (the last plugin I added). I moved it up the list to the (roughly) alphabetical "F" position (for "(No) Friends!"), so above the "Group" and "Group Tools" plugins.

And it had the desired effect: I have "No Friends" enabled, and the CSV upload is still working. So, all is as it should be.

• ... Well, almost as it should be: I just noticed that this also re-enables the "Popular" tab on the member page, which was dealt with in the link provided in the first message of this thread.

So ... plugin order makes a difference, but there's still a conflict in there somewhere that probably ought not to be.

Not fatal, of course! FWIW. (And sorry for talking to myself ... I feel like I'm live blogging my morning.)

• My guess is that the "No friends" plugin where the Popular tab is unregistered is now above the Members plugin where this tab is added in the first place. So, it might work by just changing the order of these two plugins to get the Popular tab hidden again.

• ... it might work by just changing the order of these two plugins to get the Popular tab hidden again.

Genius! You are exactly right. Thanks for that!

• Genius! You are exactly right. Thanks for that!

Ahh... yes, but... I just noticed: then the problem with the disappearing CSV-upload option in the **Groups** plugin reappears.

So, we have the situation where:

• If "No Friends" is above "Group Tools", you have the CSV-upload option working in Group Tools, but the "Popular" tab in the Member listing, but
    • If "No Friends" is below "Members" (and "Group Tools"), the "Popular" tab in the Member listing is gone, but so is the CSV-upload option working in Group Tools.

I haven't tried further permutations, but don't want to do too much rearranging of "core" plugins....

Not the biggest problem in the planet, to be sure.

• @David I'll check it. Thanks for debugging!

• Problem was in 'groups/invite' form.

I've added some required elements in manifest.xml so you can safely update tthis plugin:

1. Deactivate the existing 'No friends' plugin.
    2. Download a new version and Upload/Replace in mod/nofriends
    3. Activate it.

Now, the plugin's requirements are;

• after 'Members'
    • before 'Group tools'
    • conflicts with 'Invitefriends'
  • I've added some required elements in manifest.xml so you can safely update this plugin:...

Score! And sorted. Thanks so much for this fix!