In which db table, user specific blog text content is stored ?

In the Elgg database, where is stored

- the text matter of a blog content
- is it possible to get all the comments by user id in an exportable file from db

I read the docs, and also made a search from within phpmyadmin after creating a blog post with the words "lorem ipsum" but search result yields zero.

• the text matter of a blog content

elgg_objects_entity : title, description

is it possible to get all the comments by user id in an exportable file from db

elgg_get_entities([
        'type' => 'object',
        'subtype' => 'comment',
        'owner_guid' => $user->guid,
        'limit' => false,
    ]);

https://github.com/ColdTrick/csv_exporter

• Hello RvR, many thanks. In Elgg 3 db I am not finding any table named elgg_objects_entity. Elgg entity table is there but no "description" field. In fact when I search the word "lorem"  via phpmyadmin sql search the word is not found although the word is there very much in the blog post. I wonder where in the db the text matter is stored.

PS : Apparently it is stored in metadata. But from there we cant find who the author is. All that I need is when an user wants a backup of his blogposts ( for example an sql export file) it would be easier if we know the user id and blog posts made under that id.

• Above post was for Elgg 2.x.

In Elgg 3.x data of entity stores in elgg_metadata table (description of blog in 'description' column).

All that I need is when an user wants a backup of his blogposts ( for example an sql export file) it would be easier if we know the user id and blog posts made under that id.

Use https://github.com/ColdTrick/csv_exporter

• Thanks a lot RvR. I will try out the csv Exporter. By the way, just curious, if the table structures has changed so drastically, how is the upgrade from 2x to 3x handled ?

• Thanks RvR.

It says

•     Disable caching in Advanced Settings
    •     Back up your database, data directory, and code
    •     Download the new version of Elgg from http://elgg.org

Upto this point is fine.

•     Update the files
          If doing a patch upgrade (1.9.x), overwrite your existing files with the new version of Elgg
          If doing a minor upgrade (1.x), replace the existing core files completely

How do I update the files? Shall I delete the entire contents of the elgg directory as in home/username/elgg ? Consider I am doing upgrade from 2x to 3x or from 3x rc to 3x production ready or from 3x present version to a future 3x version? After deleting I should move all from Elgg 3x zip ? ( Consider you are explaining to a newbie )

•     Merge any new changes to the rewrite rule
            For Apache from install/config/htaccess.dist into .htacces
            For Nginx from install/config/nginx.dist into your server configuration (usually inside /etc/nginx/sites-enabled)

What can be the possible new changes ? What does this "new changes" refer to ?

How do I know upgrade has gone fine ? Since the instruction is "back up your database" shall we just back up and leave it as it is ? If elgg_objects_entity table contents table are now in metadata table how this is handled ? What if one needs to downgrade, what to be done to the database then?