403 forbidden error

Hey I am setting up my elgg website online with digital ocean and I have followed the steps on the installation requirements. Now that my server and mysql database is created I am trying to get access to my elgg home page but I am getting a 403 forbidden error when I try to go to the link. I have used digital ocean for the hosting and also installed LAMP to be connected to my account. The folder is added under www/var/html/elgg but when I type in http://159.65.97.253/elgg/ i get a 403 forbidden page that appears. How can I fix this?

• I have also set the permissions to 777 and still no success

• I have also set the permissions to 777 and still no success

Never ever set permissions to 777 it's a major security risk. It opens up your server to be writeable from the internet.

I am getting a 403 forbidden error when I try to go to the link.

Does the error log say anything,

can you access for example README.md

• 403 forbidden error can be caused by lack of index.php file on the root site directory. Check to make sure you have index.php. If not, make a new file with a file name Index.php and paste the code bellow:

<?php
    $autoload_path = __DIR__ . '/vendor/autoload.php';
    $autoload_available = include_once($autoload_path);
    if (!$autoload_available) {
        die("Couldn't include '$autoload_path'. Did you run `composer install`?");
    }

return \Elgg\Application::index();

Beginning Developers

Beginning Developers

This space is for newcomers, who wish to build a new plugin or to customize an existing one to their liking