POSSE possibilties and others for Elgg ?

This is a "general" discussion and not very specifically Elgg specific. I am just posting in case it catches the fancy of any veteran or first-time plugin dev so that a well-tuned working solution can be done. Now, the other day, I was trying the https://brid.gy

It has got several buttons like Fb, Twitter and others where by I could link those account to bridgy. However, I could not make out 1. how I can add my Elgg powered site or blog pages to receive and display  the comments or likes as shown in the picture. 2. Does my self-hosted Elgg powered site needs any mod or anything from my side so that Bridgy can show those comments, likes, tweets etc

The next thing, I was wondering, if POSSE (caveat: I am no expert on this, and have only very scant ideas on this) is possible from my Elgg powered site? There may have been mods/plugins in Elgg or Github repo but none I guess is for Elgg 2.3.5 and none are perfectly mature working plugins like say Iionly Tidypics or HypeUI (apart from the fact that they are not yet fully mobile interface compliant). Also,  Can one Elgg powered site post comments from own site to another Elgg powered site like  Idno/Known ?

So, what is the working solution I am looking for ? Before I make a detailed and another screenshot-full discussion of the dream ideas, here is what I mean,

• 1. An user or member of my Elgg powered site gets an easy form via the setting page where she can fill up the name and passwords of her Fb, twitter etc, and once the thing is turned on, she gets comments, likes etc to show up in the comments section under her Elgg blog pieces.
  • 2. Elgg Wire and/or Hypewall adds a from like that  Idno/known form shown above. (marked red in above pic)

I have looked at the self hosted Idno/Known multi-user option - but its Social Net aspect is far behind from Elgg and it seems it never will be - it lacks Friends or mutual approval based Following, it lacks Photo albums and user Profiles have no listing of user submitted contents - in fact those cannot be found by search also, and no site notifications - just to mention a few. As of now, to me, Known works as a single user POSSE and not as a social net that Elgg is. And I am wanting an Elgg that is = Social Net + POSSE !

Many thanks for reading with patience. I am not a coder, and have head full with generating contents and users for my non-commercial fully non-profit site and maintaining its various intricacies - so even if I have some knowledge of php that is oldish and I have no idea of PR and all these. I am unable to scratch my own itch and I know devs are busy and they also need a livelihood first. So if there is any quick free or reasonably paid plugin for this please post.

• All can do with Elgg HybridAuth + Elgg HybridAuth Share + Web Services + magic some customizations in your plugin/theme.

Also, there're solutions like as Elgg Bridge (for WordPress), Elgg WebMentions (alternative to Pingback) ...

• Many thanks RvR. But "magic some customizations in your plugin/theme." are the most difficult thing as I was telling in the caveat above. It seems that https://elgg.org/plugins/1314997 allows only to connect account to social accounts   while https://github.com/arckinteractive/elgg_hybridauth_share allows to share but is there any Elgg 2.3.5 plugin for this in Elgg repo? I did not find in Search - if you have the link please share.

However, from all the plugins you mentioned above, it is not clear how I can do the two following things - if you have a tutorial link or k-base article link please post here.

1. How an Elgg user can post content to another willing Elgg site by simply clicking a checkbox or button
    2. How Elgg Wire and/or Hypewall can add a reply form  like that  Idno/known form shown above. (marked red in above pic)

Many thanks for a head start and your  very useful input. You are a plugin dev yourself. Can u release to the community, by combining all the above one, into an  all-in-one plugin that lets the site super-admin set up all the credentials and APIs needed through a simple admin interface ( if possible a demo site with such inputs) while the same plugin allows the end-users/site-members
    1. To set up individual Fb, Twitter etc etc  name/passwords
    2. Provide an option while submitting a status/blog/photo/content - an option of a checkbox to click the desired sites where simultaneous publish of the contents will occur. Simple! but taking care of the privacy options in the own Elgg site
    3. Provide an option to receive comments from other site in own Elgg blogs etc ( see the Bridgy pic above)
    4. Provide an option to make comments /replies  to other Elgg or compatible sites

Many thanks. This plugin can actually be a core thing also without bloating the core as this will help in federated or distributed social net structure. it will mean updating the core will take care of everything while we can give more time to the actual users and contents of the site. Its not a demand but a dream.

• but is there any Elgg 2.3.5 plugin for this in Elgg repo?

You don't need the Community's plugins. Use GitHub repo (latest relaese) (for certain reasons, developers use GitHub only.)

1. How an Elgg user can post content to another willing Elgg site by simply clicking a checkbox or button
    2. How Elgg Wire and/or Hypewall can add a reply form  like that  Idno/known form shown above. (marked red in above pic)

All works with the mentioned plugins but need the custom changes for each website individually (IMO).

Elgg API does it.