only allow users to view blogs from the groups they are members of, not from every group.

I noticed that every user sees not just all the public blogs but also all blogs from every group, weather he is a member of not.

Is there a simple way to only allow a user to see a list of the public blogs and the ones only from 'his' groups, not all groups.

I'm not looking for a water tight setup, just a view script that only shows this, otherwise its frustrating for the user to see blog titles from groups they are not interested in.

thanks

Richard

• If a blog is published in a group with access 'Public' everybody can see that blog. If you don't want that, change the group content access rules to 'Member only', this will remove the Public access option for content in that group.

• Interesting because even when I create a new blog in a group with User A (admin) and select private, user B (normal user) who is not a group member sees it on their wire, they can comment on it, and what's worst they can edit it and delete it.

In the Blog/all of user B it is also listed and marked as 'private', but can be edited.  :o

if you can assure me this not the way it should work then I need to check the code. As I have made some cosmetic changes to my site it's probably my fault.

thanks

Elgg 2.3 / blog 1.9 / blog_tools 7 / wire 1.8 / advanced_comments 3

• this also applies to 'Member only' set up as well.

R

• Interesting because even when I create a new blog in a group with User A (admin) and select private, user B (normal user) who is not a group member sees it on their wire, they can comment on it, and what's worst they can edit it and delete it.

if you can assure me this not the way it should work then I need to check the code

This is NOT how it should be. Please check your code ;)

• Thanks Jerome, yes you are right. sorry for the post :s

Now have the problem again with static, how to make this into a 'public' contact and address book for all to add and edit pages...

Do you have any tips maybe?? :)

thanks again

• Now have the problem again with static, how to make this into a 'public' contact and address book for all to add and edit pages...

That's not what the plugin is designed for. Sure you could make that work probably, but maybe find a different plugin that can do what you want