How to let users have more control over content they see

OK, I've installed 2.3.3 and it seems to be running well. Not a "production site" by any means! Really just seeing what I can see and trying to make things perform how I would like them to.

Elgg is POWERFUL! No doubt! But, I haven't found anything in the core functions or the plugins I've explored that gets me where I really want to be for users.

What I would like is for users to be able to do the following:

1. Block an other user so that the two never see anything from each other. Similar to a Facebook block.
  2. Hide any single content entry. If a user sees something they never want to see again, the user can simply choose to hide that specific entity forever. This may require the creation of a new database table for each user with entity ID entries specific to that user they want to hide... This could be a table with a column for each "type" of content entity where a new line is added to the table each time the user chooses to hide something or, it could be a two column table that simply specifies entity type and entity ID for each entity the user wants hidden form their view.
  3. Allow users to "report" any single content entity they feel like "reporting" and then have that particular content hidden forever from that user as well as sending a notification of the report to administration...
  4. Tag, categorize, or otherwise designate, their content as not suitable for persons under the age of 18, or other age.
  5. Choose whether or not to see content with specific tags or designations
  6. Ability to see content provided by other users without specifically adding them as a friend... like Facebook's "follow" thing.

I have a lot more I would like to see done. I'm trying to familiarize myself with Elgg code but my skills in modern coding are dismal at best!

Thanks folks!

• You can hire someone to do things you want done. Noone is going to get them done for you out of good will. Elgg is a framework not a wishlist. All of the above can be done via plugins.

• I would love to be able to hire someone but, it's not in the financial cards now. I know plugins can get it done and, I'm in the process or trying to learn about them and how to develop them. However, if there are already plugins that will get the job done and work with 2.3... I would love to know which ones they are!

• Ref. 6.: Elgg's "Friends" are like followers even if named differently. Only with the Friends Request plugin you get two-way real Friend relationships (with ability to accept / deny friend requests).

Your other requests are very, very, very specific and I don't think there's a plugin available for any of them. If nobody happens to be in need of the same functionality and funds the development of a plugin or plugins to provide this functionality or creates it, I'm afraid you will either have to hire someone at some point or learn to code it on your own. None of your wishes are that simple though and therefore I'm afraid it will take quite some money in case you want to hire or you would have to be prepared to really learn coding Elgg plugins.