Setting privacy for pages individually

How can I set the privacy for pages individually? For example I don't want the members page to be visible to anyone not logged into the site. this is just one example, I would like to individually set the privacy for each page.

• Doesn't pages form have both Read and Write access pickers?

• @ismayil

i don't think Peter is talking about the 'pages' plugin but for example /members or /search

• I guess it depends how individual exactly "set privacy for each page" ist meant to be. I would say the first step would be to make your site a walled garden site either by the Elgg core setting "for logged in users only" in the advanced site settings or by using the Loginrequired plugin (https://elgg.org/plugins/804349). Then all pages are accessible for logged-in users only as a first step (except login/register/external pages). Then you can make all these pages "public pages" (using the 'public_pages', 'walled_garden' plugin hook) that you want to be accessible for logged-out visitors, too. This should work if you don't want too many pages to be accessible. But if you want to define for example blog A as blocked but blog B, C, ... as accesible it would be not really practicable.

• @iionly thanks that sounds like it would work for what I want to achieve. On a separate subject could I set the default access setting for blogs as public and the default for file sharing as logged on users?

• Have you looked at the roles plugin? It might just be easier to achieve what you need with a simple config

• Thank Ismayil,

Thank you, that sounds like a great idea. I will check it out.

Beginning Developers

Beginning Developers

This space is for newcomers, who wish to build a new plugin or to customize an existing one to their liking