got experiences and recommendations for using hypeWall?

i looked at installing hypeWall a long time ago and decided not to because i couldn't see a way to integrate it into my site that was a fluid as people are used to with facebook etc. can anyone who has used hypeWall on a live site give me some tips on how to best use it?

i can see that the walls can be viewed on their own page or on profile pages in a widget, yet i think  if i were to aim to match the simplicity and standardised format of facebook, i would need to make it a fixed element on user profiles somehow. also, it seems that there is no simple way to 'share' to a wall from elsewhere in the site, as there is in facebook.. so the only way things will get added to individual walls is if they are added by the wall owner via a post on the activity page or on the wall page.. or if another user visits the wall and posts directly. is that correct?

• Post Wall is our first experience in using hypeWall. We planned to make a clone of Twitter from the start of development. IMO we did it with the coolest IK's plugins. (BTW, today we've updated Elgg to 2.2.1 and some plugins in there.)

Sure, we've added a lot own features: reposting, sharing, comments, background cover on profile etc. (see full list on this page).  Now we're planning to introduce crossposting PostWall<>Twitter<>Facebook and Direct messages.

I hope that our experience will give you a start point for your project ;)

• that's a nice collection of features @rivervanrain :)

so it looks like you have added your own 're-post' feature, is that right? rather than using the one from coldtrick's 'wire_tools'.. i say that because it looks like the user profiles are primarily hypeWalls and then the reposts go to the hypeWall and thus the profile. so you have a share button that acts a 'post to wall' feature, is that right?

one of the most powerful features of fakebooc is that the share feature allows items to be effectively duplicated onto profiles and groups.. have you implemented something like that yet?

• so it looks like you have added your own 're-post' feature, is that right?

Yes, like as 'Twitter Repost'

so you have a share button that acts a 'post to wall' feature, is that right?

Right. And administrator can set this option 'Yes-No-With followers only' via our theme's settings.

• ok, that looks great - it's pretty much how i would do it.. now i just need to figure out how to hack your server and use your code... erm.. i mean.. now i just need to implement my own version. lol ;)

• So I can tell you about some steps:

1. Flexbox styles. Inspired by this topic, we've created a CSS with flexbox' styles for our layouts.

2. Different and nested layouts for each page. Thanks elgg_in_context() !

3. Ajax views

4. Customized actions. Here's a snippet for wall/repost action.

As for the rest, nothing unusual - everything is done on the Elgg documentation

• thanks, ok - i will come back to this tomorrow and look in more detail. :)