Unable to access site.

I have installed Elgg 1.12 in my GoDaddy hosting. The site was working fine until yesterday. Now, whenever I try to access the site, it is showing a blank page and nothing else...

I have tried checking the error log file, but no error is being shown.... The php version is 5.4.45.

Can anyone help me with this? I am unable to find any problem here...

• Delete and reupload the .htaccess file.... Also delete any plugins / mods that you remember last activating.

• Are you sure you're looking at the correct log file?  For a white screen there should be something logged, I've never had it not log anything.

Also are you sure the php version is actually 5.4?  Someone else posted not long ago about something similar and GoDaddy had changed their php version on them.

• No the php version is OK....but I think godaddy upgraded my elgg installation today from 1.12 to 2.0.

Is the problem coming because of that?

• Godaddy themselves upgraded? Thats very unusual....

• Yeah sorry from 1.12.6 to 1.12.7.... and now nothing is working in my site...

• Hi Real

My best advice is to ask their support team if they changed something. Seems strange, how did you perform the upgrade?

• If you used godaddy's installer, you may have inadvertently set it to update automatically. That might explain why the site updated on its own.

When I first started working with elgg, I set it for auto updates on a test site because I thought that would be a good idea. But, it wasn't. When the site updated, none of the plugins were deactivated before the update so all the plugins I had added were deleted. Since I had to start over anyway, I reinstalled elgg and did not choose to have it automatically update. You may be able to go into your godaddy account, click to see the apps and then check if the elgg installation is set to auto update or not.

However, I don't think that would explain the white screen.

• My advice is to never use those installers anyway, I've seen them installed incorrectly and insecurely, and you definitely don't want things to just randomly update automatically.

If it was upgraded to 2.0 then it won't work because 2.0 requires PHP 5.5+

Additionally you may have deprecated code in plugins that could be throwing errors.  Don't let anything update itself without your say so, that's just asking for trouble.  Be in control of what's happening.

• I've always hated shared hosting, especially GoDaddy.