Is there any plan for CDN ?

Dear Elggers

I wonder if there is any CDN plugin or system already around or about to come out? 

Because if someone is using shared hosting just to begin with, and have around 1000 active users. Maybe the Elgg framework will take so much resources of the hosting server. So would be better if there is CDN system as well to use it.

Currently I am using Amazon CDN for my other project and I am very happy with that.

I am not sure how lighter the Elgg framework is, I just installed and testing it. Looks super fast & clean but I wonder can this framework handle around thousand active users by using shared hosting ??

Please guide/ share information.

Cheers

• That's an impossible question to answer.  It depends on how active those 1000 users are and what they are doing, what plugins are being used and what they are doing behind the scenes.

• @Michele my notifications work because I'm using PHPmailer to relay my emails to a third party but here's my setup:

• I am also using cloudFlare , and email stuff works well.   I suggest first check the email feature working well without cloud-flare.   There are some restrictions from service provider too.

• @Michele

Go to CloudFlare.

Set:

CNAME mail is an alias of socialbusinessworld.org  Automatic (grey cloud)

MX socialbusinessworld.org mail handled by mail.socialbusinessworld.org Priority 10 Automatic

Go to Arvixe VPS.

Set:

Hostname: socialbusinessworld.org.  //DOT at the end

Type: MX

Address (or Domain name): mail

Priority 10

• I have used standard Elgg functions. but in my case I have not added CNAME/MX record. it was created automatically, I just added the  A record.