ALL MINE FRIENDS tabbed access

Hi all,

I have a question about accessing certain plugin default pages and the URLS for the page populated.  I have noticed that some plugins you must access the populated pages by a /all included in the URL, otherwise you will get a 403 forbidden message without it.  i.e., /pages, must be /pages/all, or for /videos, without /all you get a "Sorry. We could not find the page that you requested." as if looking in a directory.

Some plugins, like The Wire can be accessed by just the /thewire url, without the /all portion (or /mine or /friends) and it will be populated with the ALL tab clicked and items displayed.  The same happens with the /files and /bookmarks plugin.  I need this method to happen with all my plugins.

Since I need the URLS to all be handled the same, how can I make that happen? with some kind of url handler?  Been trying with no luck.  I searched the depths of these topics and have come up empty too. 

The event calendar plugin displays event_calendar/list with a blank calendar and you are forced to click the ALL (or Mine or Friends) to populate the calendar with items.  A bit annoying and looks funny at first for new users. 

Please help, thanks in advance. I am sure its just a simple thing to fix, but I can't seem to make it work.

Thanks, Kepa