Features and preferences in elgg - what is possible?

Hi everyone, 

I am working on comparing different social network sites to find out which on is best to use for what we need to offer in out projectgroup. Below you will see a list over features and preferences we would like to have. If someone could be so kind to see what is possible in elgg and if something is not possible in Elgg, could someone be so kind to tell me which of the features and preferences is not possible in elgg? 

Features and preferences

The POSEIDON social network should offer:

• A closed/private platform – only members of the group have access to the content. It is important that the users and the content are hidden for people outside the network.
  • One or more “administrators”, responsible for monitoring the platform (deleting inappropriate content, confirming or rejecting membership requests, etc).
  • A user friendly and accessible design: Structured content; easy to find relevant information
  • No advertisements or optionally, advertisements which is selected by the social network community (the users or administrators)
  • Good search functions
  • The ability to share photos, videos, links and documents (i.e. PDF-files)
  • The ability to delete and edit your own content
Professional Services

Professional Services

Get / offer professional help on Elgg; like customization, design, development, setup, hosting... Illegal trades are not allowed.